Monday, August 13, 2007

Oregon International Airshow, 2007

Wow, what a crazy last six days! 4,700 pictures later I've come to the conclusion that I will never be able to photograph another aviation event again. Every picture I take from this point on will be an attempt to match the pictures I captured this last week. I was VERY pleased with my results and have thousands of pictures that I will keep and through the next month(s?) I will be uploading them to my web gallery.

Right now I can only give a very brief overview of the pictures as it's late and I'm quite tired. Some of the subjects I photographed this week include the US Navy Blue Angels demonstration team, Greg Poe, Sean D. Tucker, Renny Price, the A-10 West Coast Demonstration Team, Homeland Fireworks display, Oregon Aero Skydancer, Oregon ANG F-15's, and one of the highlights of the show was the F-117A Nighthawk ("Stealth Fighter") flyby for two of the airshow days. The aircraft is being retired at the end of this year as the aircraft is already 25 years old. These two flybys marked the very last time I will ever see this jet again. :( It was kind of saddening, but after looking at the pictures I got, I was extremely pleased with the results.

Since I've obtained many pictures that made my own jaw drop (you photographers know that you're always your own worst critic) I've decided I'll start making several different 2008 year calendars. Also I will begin the process of putting together a Blue Angels photobook featuring pictures taken here in Seattle and at Hillsboro, Oregon.

Please stay tuned as I will be trying to get these pictures dealt with in a timely manner.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: